The main tool of the Travel Industry is the Reservations System (CRS for short). These computerized booking systems are more correctly known as Global Distribution Systems or GDS. Using a GDS effectively is the key skill of Travel Industry employees in areas where reservations for travel product are made. Galileo & Amadeus reservation systems are used all over the world on a daily basis by airline, travel agency and tour company employees and it is demonstrating competence in these skills that will help you land your first job in travel! .This interactive course will give you these essential skills and a recognized certificate within 1 month – it’s a comprehensive introduction to the industry’s reservations skills and knowledge!
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
• CRS are computer systems, which link airlines and travel agents together.
• Used in the booking process, provide up to date flight schedule , availability for airline seat purchases, calculate air fares and issue tickets.
• Investigate various methods of searching and quoting fares
• GDS are CRS systems, which can cater for multiple airlines, hotels, and car reservations.
• Easy to book hotel reservations and Car Rentals
• To work within the travel and tourism industry, learning a CRS is a must. Learning a CRS will greatly improve chances of finding employment in the industry
• Encoding & Decoding Cities/ Airports, countries, airlines and Aircraft type
• Request Flight Time Tables & Availabilities
• Create Reservation with Mandatory Elements
• Edit Mandatory Elements in the Reservation
• Adding Optional fields in the Booking File
• History of a Booking FILE
• Stand Alone Entries
Travel Port Basic Course - Galileo